PONTIAC GRAND AM GAS PROBLEM

2003 Pontiac Grand Am

I have a 2003 Ponitac Grand AM with 68,000 miles. The low coolant light came on about 3 weeks ago. I went to a local mechanic and he adviced that I put more coolant in the car because the coolant was low, which is what I did. The light has came on again. I put more coolant in the car. I placed the green coolant in the car not knowing there was a difference in the different types of coolant (orange and green). I went in to get an oil change and the mechanic told me that he could not change the oil because there was water in the oil. He also told me that there might be a blown head gasket or cracked gasket. What could the problem be? Please help! When I take the car to the mechanic what should I say. : (
Sheritaj

I dont know if the head gasket is blown or not but I have seen a large number of intake gaskets blown of the v6 models gm put out this would cause water to be in the oil but if you have a 4 cyl motor it couldnt be the intake gasket let us know which engne you have

Sdalton19
I really appreciate you answering my question. I am not sure of what type of repairs the car needs. Any advise.

[quote=" sdalton19" ]i dont know if the head gasket is blown or not but I have seen a large number of intake gaskets blown of the v6 models gm put out this would cause water to be in the oil but if you have a 4 cyl motor it couldnt be the intake gasket let us know which engne you have[/quote]

Sheritaj