'99 - FUEL TANK, ETC. (ANYONE HERE IN SD?)

1999 Pontiac Grand Am

If I were to have a leak in my fuel tank or anywhere between it and the engine, I would notice a continual drop in my fuel, right? Or would it happen only when used?

I'm back again with my good old Grand Am story of horrible gas mileage (now at 12-13.) But the car running just fine with NO engine lights on or anything. It doesn't stall or make noises or anything. I just notice that anyone else that has problems with fuel efficiency has some sort of noticeable other problem.

So far I have only drove 45 miles (city) and I am already under 3/4 tank from being at over full.

My main question is. Is anyone here, on this forum, that is knowledgable about Grand Am's, in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area, and if so, I'd be very greatful if you'd give me a reply to let me know, it'd be very much appreciated!

And no, I haven't taken it in yet (to all of those who have helped and responded to previous threads I have started) due to financial reasons and not sure if there is somewhere that could check it out without charging up the @$$ for it.
Stlthriot