CHANGE OIL LIGHT STAYS ON

2003 Pontiac Grand Am

2003 Pontiac Grand Am 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 129000 miles

the change oil came on I took it in and had it serviced as in oil and filter changed. But the change oil light on the dash is still on.

also a service engine light is on.
had it checked it was the cadallic convert was plugged had it changed the light went away but fewslater came back on. Took asked someone, they said with the converter being plugged the spark plugs may have failed and needs changed.

but when they checked test system also gave them a code EGR. That was why the checked and tested the converter. That is my problems, car runs great
Fakunk

Hello and thanks for donating

For the oil change reminder, you have to manually reset it after having the oil serviced. To do so, turn ignition ON with engine OFF. Fully press and release the accelerator pedal slowly 3 times within 5 seconds. The change oil reminder light should flash a few times indicating the system was reset.

For the EGR / catalytic converter issue, most likely the oxygen sensor(s) have failed which leads to the cat. Converter failing. The EGR passageway may also have some carbon build up that needs cleaned out. This could also clog and ruin the converter.

Bluelightnin6