TIMING CHAIN

1998 Pontiac Grand Am

1998 Pontiac Grand Am 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

we recently have rebuilt a 2.4 engine and were wondering about how to install the timing chain and set the timing on it.
Girlmechanic84

Put the engine no.1 piston on compression stroke/TDC align crank pulley to 0/TDC markings then set all the markings as you see below

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_timing_chain_7.jpg

Would u be able to give me that diagram again so I can see the bottom of it please and thank u

Girlmechanic84
There's nothing to see below that-just put the crank gear dot in position at 12 O clock as you see it-You'll be okay-

Ok thanks alot for your help, im still in training yet. My husband is the fixer upper, and he was just training me when we ran in this problem so I dont know much about this part of the engine, my expertise in more in car body work which I am training him in

Girlmechanic84
Maybe someday when you master body/fender come work with us as a moderator.

I wish u were serious about that, I finish my course in january, and jobs here for women are hard to come by. Most men have to much pride for a woman to work at their cars but I wanted the course because I love the design and details of a car

Girlmechanic84
You know how to shoot at a car with a paint let me know and I'll see what I can do I sure need lessons on it myself, getting old and rusty with a spray can just call the shot when you're done. Don't be surprise if am your 1st customer to ask question.

Good Luck