NO PARKING/RUNNING LIGHTS

1994 Pontiac Grand Am

I currently own a 1994 Pontiac Grand Am 2.3L Quad 4 single over head cam, 178,000 miles and running strong. Change oil ever 3000 miles as it is the engines life blood of a car. I have replaced little things over the years to keep this fine car on the road. My problem is that I have no Dash lights or Running lights (parking lights) I have checked all the fuses and replaced all the bulbs. Break lights, back up lights, Stop lights, four way hazard lights, Turn signals and Head lights all work fine. It appears that no power to these lights may be my problem any help would be great. I have limited electrical skills but my mechanical skills are above average.
Jeffery2000

The tail light come from the brown wire on the light sw. Use a test light check the brown wires to see if the sw is OK. It is a combination sw and a bit hard to get too but check all brown wires in the wire cluster under the bottom of the steering column. You want to make sure the sw is good. It is my choice for the problem

Losone
I traced all the wires and everything looked great. I repalced the turn signal/headlight/cruise swith and it fixed all my problems. Now I have a good running used car that will make it over 200,000 miles.

Jeffery2000
Good job on the switch. I have replaced a bunch of them.

You have a good car and a good engine. The man who invented that engine lives here in Biloxi, Mississippi. He developed it for the Austrailian racing team and had it turning over 10,000 rpm on the test stand. You could hear it for blocks away.

The only problem with the quad 4 is the water pump. It is driven by the cam chain and is a bear to put on. If you see any water leaks from the flat side of the engine make sure you replace ot before it causes problems. It has a shaft that sometimes freezes and causes problems.

Good luck losone

Losone