SE 4 CYLINDER

1992 Pontiac Grand Am

Okay this car started fine this morning, I was driving for about an hour, it stalled out. I started it back up then it would only go about 2-5 mph, no matter how much gas I was giving it. Then it stalled out agian and wouldn't start back up. What is wrong with this dang car? Please help?
Tazz5893

More information!

Hmmm. When you were " driving for an hour" did you go faster than 40-45MPH? Sounds like it could possibly be a bad torque convertor clutch solenoid. Let it sit for an hour or two and take it for a spin. Let me know what happens.

Mvannessjr
It won't start at all. The speed limit where I live is mostly 50. And I was I the city limits at the time and the speed limit there is only 35. It has been sitting(not trying to start) for 10 hours. It still won't start. Any more advice?

Tazz5893
Is there any power to the system? Interior lights, etc? Does it try to start?

Mvannessjr
No unfortunately the battery went dead because the caution lights were on for 2 hours, while I waited for someone to pick me up. It is a brand new battery and alternator. The battery just needs to charge for an hour then it will be fine, so I just don't know what it could be, oh and somebody told me it could be the fuel pump. Do you think that is the case?

Tazz5893
If the battery is dead, the car won't start. Charge the battery before it zero's out and becomes unchargeable. Then proceed with what I told you before.

Mvannessjr