SEAT BELTS

2005 Pontiac G6

Interior problem
2005 Pontiac G6 6 cyl Automatic 65000 miles

We had a wreck (a deer ran out and hit the front of our car), the right seat belt locked up even though there was no one in the seat. We were told that we had to re place both seat belts. We replaced the drivers side and it works but we can not get the passenger side to work. Is there some type of sensor that needs to be reset or something? Please help!
Drathel

This vehicle is equipped with seat belt pretenioners in which are part of the air bag system. The seat belt pretenoiners go off and hold you tight in the seat while the air bags go off. In some cases the pretenioners may go within the belts without an air bag deployment. If they do go off the seat belt assembilies will have to be replaced.

Basstech
The airbags did not deploy and we replaced the passenger side seat belts but the right side still will not work. What do we do now?

Drathel
That seat belt will have to be replaced as well. The pretenioner mostly went off inside the belt, meaning it has to be replaced.

Basstech
We received two new seat belts. The left one has been installed and works great but when we hook the right one up it will not release it stays locked. My brother (my mechanic) hooked the car up to the computer and it gave the code: Pretention loop left/right. If this is a new seat belt shouldn't the pretentioners be o.K. Thank you so much for responding so quickly. Look forward to hearing from you.

Drathel
Sometimes when the pretenioners go off they crack or break the small yellowc onnector attached to the seat belt itself.( I've replaced many of then) So tell him to take a good look at the connectors at the seat belts, that could be why the codes are setting.
If the connectors are Ok, I will need to have the specific codes that he is retrieving.
As far as why the right side is locked is a little strange.

A few things to check: Make sure the seat belt hasn't been dropped.
Make sure it is installed correctly, it slides into a slot in body and needs to be level.
Make sure that they are new, and not from a scrap yard.

The fact that there is still codes coming up for the seat belts makes me think that something is not right with the r/s belt.

There is a little locking device inside the seat belt that sometimes gets stuck during transport. Tell him remove the belt, and shake it a bit while trying to get it to released, but it has to be level for it to release.

Let me know what you come up with on that.

Basstech