DRIVE SHAFT?

2007 Pontiac G5

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2007 Pontiac G5 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 86000 miles

I have a '07 Pontiac G5 GT. When I am making a left hand turn (tight turns) it seems like there is a 'grinding' noise coming from the passenger front wheel. At first I thought it was the bearings, but it's fine through all other turns along with straight driving. So I am guessing that it is the CV joints on that side. I did some research and it would make sense to replace the drive axle shaft which would have new CV joints in it. Does this sound about right? I typically do my own repairs and also have a Haynes manual so I figured this would be a job I could do at home, any input? Is there anyway of telling if that would be the proper side before ordering the part? What other issues could cause this?
KaysCars

If you can put it on a rack and create the noise then you can listen to it with an automotive stethiscope. With a stechiscope you can hear things at low speeds so with it just idling in gear you may be able to pin it down. It still could be either the axle or hub assembly. I would say it is either the right side hub assembly or either axle.

Racefan966