HOW TO INSTALL CRANKSHAFT POSITION SE

1994 Pontiac Firebird

1994 Pontiac Firebird 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

How do I install the crankshaft position sensor, and the ignition control module.
Claudemorrow

First of all thank you so much for your donation. You have two crank shaft sensor's a 3x and a 24x sensor which sensor do you need instruction's on changing?

I'm really not sure. I drove my car to get a state safety inspection, it was running fine but the check engine light was on. When I went back to pick it up, it wouldn't hardly start and when it did start it wouldn't stay cranked. So they checked the car and said the check engine light came back with a code 44, 64 and 82. They said I need to replace the Intake Manifold Gasket, Replace the Ignition Control Module, Replace the Crankshaft position Sensor, and replace the Fuel Filter for a total of $850, which I don't have. As I said the car was running OK when I took it there, when I went back to pick it up, it barely started. I had to push it home.

Claudemorrow
On the repair estimate it says Front Crankshaft position Sensor.

Claudemorrow

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1994_pontiac_firebird_crank_shaft_sensor_1.jpg

Figure 23 is the 24x sensor and figure 25 is the 3x sensor.I also emailed you the diagram so you can see it better.Anyway you can call and ask them which sensor it was?