DRIVER SIDE WINDOW

1994 Pontiac Firebird

1994 Pontiac Firebird 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180350 miles

My driver side window stopped functioning a while ago. It ended up stopping half way down. There were no noises or smoke from the motor and now, when the switch is clicked for the " up" position, there is a faint double click type of sound coming from the lower part of the cabin near the pedals. Besides that problem, what would be the easiest way to just get the window up?
VoChaos

I'm not sure about the clicking sound you're hearing, but that definitely sounds like a dead window motor.

The driver-side window motor in my Trans Am went out recently, too. The motor is a pretty cheap part, $35. It's possible to replace it yourself if you're into car repair. A word of caution, though--I replaced mine, but the control assembly is fairly complicated because of how large the door is, and though my motor is working now the window jams because I may have bent the assembly.

Anyway, best of luck!

CMcC