WONT START

1984 Pontiac Fiero

Other Category problem
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 64, xxx miles

hi, I own a 84 fiero and it just started to have troubles when I start it. I turn the key and nothing happens, I play with the clutch in and out of gear but nothing seems to work. I just put a new starter on it thinking that was the problem but im not familiar enought with the fiero to go any deeper thand that. What gets me is that I can pop start it with no problem. Is there an engage switch or something on the clutch or in the ignition that could have gone bad? I appreciate the help, thanks in advance.
Calmo86

When you say it has trouble what kind? Clicking? Or nothing at all? If you hear a click, then either the battery is weak, or the starter, possibly bad battery cable connections, check and clean both ends of BOTH cables! Dissconnect negative(-) first, and put it on last! If no click the starter relay is no good! Or ignition switch.

Merlin2021
Hey thanks for the advise, it doesnt make any noise when I try to start it. Ive been racking my brain on it and I didnt want to go and buy all new parts and end up with the ones I dont need, so thanks again.

Calmo86