WINDSHEILD WASHER WIPER SWITCH

2001 Pontiac Bonneville

2001 Pontiac Bonneville 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 186000 miles

the switch is located on the steering colum of course.
However my questions are how many screws/bolts are holding the switch in place? What type and size are the screws/bolts? And which color wire is the main power wire to the switch, pink - green - red - yellow- purple brown? I Would like to install a small toggle switch to turn windshield washer wiper switch off, as they will not turn off after the control arm was smacked pretty hard. So i'm guessing I need a new switch, that costs about 95 dollars. If you could help me with these questions we would be very grateful.
peace and thank you.
ARK In The Ozarks
Justice

The wire for the park signal is as such. Yellow wire is power in at the motor. Black is ground. Gray is intermitant wiper speed signal. Blue is low speed and purple is high speed. How this helps.

Racefan966
The color wires you mentioned, are not real helpful. Maybe the yellow power only. However if you look at my original color of wires, [ pink - green - red - yellow- purple- brown ] they are not all the colors you mentioned. my question about the fork bolt's or screws that hold the windshield washer wiper switch in place, on the steering column, were not answered.
I don't want my donation back, But i would like an answer, to the second part of my electrical question please....peace and thank you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/349157_WindsheildWasherWiperSwitch_1.jpg

Justice
This is because I gave you the color of the wires at the motor. It will to difficult to by pass it at the switch this is why I did that. Have you thought of checking out a salvage or wrecking yard for that switch?

Racefan966
I want a picture of of the steering colum, witht the switch attached to the colum, to show my me what Is need to remove the dern switch.
Peace and thank you

Justice
Yellow is power into the switch. Red is washer motor. Purple is high speed. Other then that the switch controls the rest of the speeds internally through the blue wire. So what I am saying is that the blue wire is speed signal input for the other speeds and the switch controls that internally. I am not showing a pink or green wire. Maybe this will help get the production date off the door and what sub model you car is like Se, Le or what. Then I will relook it up again and see if I come up with the colors you have.

Racefan966
The colors of this switch are, pink - green - red - yellow- purple- dark brown. I don't have a blue wire in this switch. Can you tell me how many screws hold the switch to the steering colum?
You asked for the production year. It is 06/01
You asked for the sub Model, it is SLE Bonneville.
Peace and Thank You

Justice
I finally found the right wiring diagram. With that production date it falls in the 2002 wiring which also tells me that some of your parts are going to as well. So when you go to replace that switch you must order it that way as too. Anyway here is what I found.
Red wire is to washer motor.
Brown wire is wiper speed signal, the switch controls the speed so this includes intermitant speeds through high as the switch has resistors in it to do that.
Purple wire is high speed.
Green wire is another wiper speed input signal.
Yellow wire is power into the switch.
Pink looks like it is for lights on when wipers are not hard to tell as it isn't really clear.

Racefan966