PROBLEMS WITH BATTERY SYST

2001 Pontiac Aztek

2001 Pontiac Aztek 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 204000 miles

I tried to start my 2001 pontiac aztek this afternoon, but found that the lights were out and the key was stuck in the ignition, l got a friend to boost the battery and it started right away but hear a hissing noise coming from the engine area probably the alternator, and it gets louder when l press on gas. L got home and tried to take out the key again and everything was dead again. The battery is less than a year old, l replaced old one because l thot it will save me future headache since l bought the car from the previous owner in Decemeber 08. L have also had the BCM replaced that same month when the key will not not turn but the lights were working.
Can somebody please tell me what the real problem is? And is it advisable to drive the vehicle to my mechanic which will take about 40 minutes to get to his shop after another jumpstart tomorrow morning? L just had the spark plugs and wire replaced on last wednesday. L remember plugging my hand vacumm cleaner to the cigarette lighter in the vechicle to clean the interior yesterday and didnot drive the vehicle afterwards until today. L had the same problem last week when l forgot to turn off my radio button before exiting the vehicle and had to get a boost also. A colleague at work tightened the ground terminal on the battery and l thot that the whole problem was over until today. L would really appreciate if anybody knows the real answer to my problem and what will be the estimate to have it fix?

Thanks alot
Doroti