FUEL SYSTEM STATUS 1 AND 2

1997 Plymouth Voyager

Engine problem
1997 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

What, were and how do I.

What is the fuel system status 1 and 2? Should thay bolth be open or closed?

When I start my van sometimes it run fast and slow or stalls, if I turn it off wait 30 sec. And restart, the car runs well. This dosn't happen all the time, it's very random.
How can I fix this. The chk. Eng. Light dosn't come on.
Jmujica

I'll explain and then ask a question, if I may. Fuel system status is part of the computers programming for making the car run efficiently. It commonly refers to " closed loop" or " open loop.&Quot; When the engine is cold, fuel system status should be in " open loop" meaning it will only monitor a few crucial sensors unit the vehicle warms up. Then it enters " closed loop" and begins to monitor all sensor inputs to determine the best way to maintain the engines efficiency. Typically, they will move simultaniously. Now my question: Why did you ask about the fuel system status? Have you had the vehicle scanned to read this code or in conversation with someone did this come up? I may be able to help, but I need a little more info. Thanks for your patience.
Dave

Flexy5
Dave: Thanks for responding
I have an OBD 2 and I did a system check and when the car was running well,
Fuel System Status 1 was open and then closed.
Fuel System Status 2 was open

When the car was not running well,
Fuel System Status 1 stayed open
Fuel System Status 2 was open

thanks for any help
john

Jmujica