BATTERY GAGE

1993 Plymouth Voyager

1993 Plymouth Voyager 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 137647 miles

The problem I am having started with my battery gage dropping to nothing while I am driving. Then my check engine light would come off and on. I took it to auto zone and they said that it may be the alternator so I replaced the alternator that seemed to work for about 2 days then the battery gage dropped and the transmission would not up shift. I have tried disconnecting the neg cable from the battery but this has not worked. The battery cables to the positive terminal are pretty bad but I am unsure how to change them since it seems to be connected to a long wiring harness. Would this cause the transmission to not shift? The van will not start now and I have not tried to jump start it yet. Any suggestions or idea would be greatly appreciated then you Sara
Oregon78

Hi sara, yes it could have something to do with the shifting, firs I would double check the battery and make sure there is nothing wrong with it. Then see if you can go and purchase the cable at autozone, the one that you need, then bring your vehicle down to the shop. Not dealer. And ask them if they could change it out for you. They may even do it for free, but if not, it will be minimal. Make it clear that you just want that changed and nothing else, because it is theyre responsibility now to do a safety check and that could lead to. &Quot; you needing brakes" tires, you name it. Just tell them no, you dont have the funds at this time. But you will be glad to hire them when you do.

Legitimate007