GRAND VOYAGER INTERMITTENT STALL

1995 Plymouth Other

Anyone have any ideas? Here are the details. 1995 Plymouth Grand Voyager, 3.3L, auto, 196,600 miles. Gets great fuel mileage, too, about 22mpg!

Does not matter if engine is warm or cold, and does not matter if the ambient temp is warm or cold or wet or dry.

This has been going on for about 4 weeks now. I work at a Lincoln Dealer and have access to scan tools of the sort, but this is OBD-I. Have used the Snap-On scanner with the appropriate cables and connectors - NO codes. All seems to be working fine. Map and O2 bounces around properly. Fuel PSI is steady at 45 and will boost to 53 with regulator disconnected.

Fuel trim for the most part stays around -10%. All seems to be working fine and within specs.

When driving in traffic, engine will die out on decel. Has died more on my wife than I, but I have verified concern. Has died when engine cold or warm, and the ambient are fluctuating in STL (go cards!) At this time of the year. Died on me when shifting from reverse to drive (foot off accel pedal) and also when slowing to pull into a parking spot. Always starts right back up and takes off fine.

Also have noticed a surging or bucking when at cruise, mainly at city speeds, but have felt this when at cruise on interstate with no load, down slight decline.

I've read the forum and saw the post on a possible ISM, which I will try on Wednesday, October 18, 2006, but are there any other possibilities that anyone can think of? I have a new aftermarket fuel pump, plugs, wires, and have had the transmission rebuilt recently.

thanks for your help in advance.

Chris Davinroy
Cdavinroy