IDLE SURGE WHILE ROLLING IN NEUTRAL

1995 Plymouth Colt

1995 Plymouth Colt 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 240000 miles

I have a 95 plymouth colt (same as Mitsubishi Mirage) 1.5L 5speed. Recently Ive been having some idle issues, or what appears to be idle issues. What is happening: The car starts perfectly fine everytime, once you engage the gear and start driving the car is ok. As soon as you put the car into neutral to roll to a stop light or stop sign the engine RPM's go up and down continusouly until the car comes to a stop then the car idles perfectly fine. This seems to happed ofen now. When the car is cold it sees to happed faster as in RPM up, down, up, down with only a second or 2 between up and down. When the car is warm, the doesnt happen as fast, the rpm wil go up then take a few seconds to come down then it restarts. I have taken the throttle body off and cleaned it as the first thing that came to mind was a dirty bypass channel. This has proved to not be the case.
Grabowski_mark