ROUGH IDLING AND ATTEMPTING TO STALL

1992 Plymouth Colt

1992 Plymouth Colt 4 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 135000 miles

Plymouth Colt Vista: --> At start up it idles too high @ 1200-1400 rpm, warmed up idle does not lower to compensate; begins to fluctuate up and down frquently and attempts to stall at stop signs. Mtr is fuel inj. And the injectors sound very close with no significant diff, When idle fluctuates down I hear clicks in inj's stop then start as the mtr revs up again. When I unplug the O2 sensor wire from system the idle fluctuates significantly more than usual. I know it is saying something about air/fuel mix cause mtr is burning a steady stream of oil after initial burnoff in cyl's. Could it be that bad rings cause the off balance of air/fuel mix? This is second mtr in this rig, 1 st had bad rings. I am desparate for help, in college with no extra money for expensive repairs in a shop, we are living on grants and loans. It is our lifeline in winter and my wife's and children vehicle and we live 9 mi. From town. Yes, we are in a pretty tight spot - I have been struggling to keep these 2 rigs going for years, now after school I will be working on windmills and our lives will never be the same as b-4 now, (pay check to paycheck ) b-fore I started school. I'm not able to donate, but I can assure you that when we can, we do things to help and bless others' needs because we definitely know how it feels to be down and needy. If you would Please help asap. And THANK YOU. GOD BLESS YOU also: -)
Kikinscrat