TRANNY LEAK- ACTUALLY POURS

Plymouth Acclaim

I have a 91 plymouth acclaim 3.0ltr 4-spd auto my said it was stalling and clunking, I checked fluid 5 days ago(we just bought it)now its empty so I put some in and no leaks started the car no leaks, took it to the end of our drive(1/4 mile long)and noticed a trail, went back looked under and it was pouring out between the engine and trans---front seal? Or torque conv?Also the car would not shift 4grand @ 45mph
70dusterdude

Sounds like the seal where the torque converter seats in the transmission is leaking. If thats the case, you'll have to remove the transmission and then pull the torque converter out on replace the seal behind it.

Bootdog
Can you give me more info? I got the same car and I dont think there is a seal between the t converter and the flywheel. From what your telling me your leaking between there and performance problems. Most likely your trans either needs to be fixed up or replaced. I got the same car as you with 106 k on it 2.5 L I4. Diagnose from a profeesion mechanic before doing anything.

Jdmhatch91