MODELS 1.9 TD 306 - SMOKE AND HIG

1994 Peugeot Other

1994 Other Peugeot Models Two Wheel Drive Manual 93,000 miles
1.9 TD peugeot 306 - smoke and pressure
Hi,
I got a problem that's taking the turbo out. Driving gently there's nothing wrong at all. Try a hill or overtaking, ie giving it some oomph on the accelerator and I get a cloud of oil-burning smoke out the exhaust. If I'm trying to get speed up fast, by changing up the gears fast (press hard on accelerator, foot off, change up, foot down hard, foot off, change up, foot down hard) it builds pressure somewhere within the oil system, and forces oil into the turbo. Testing it out in the garage it nearly blew the mechanic's head off when the dipstick blew out full force (scared him bad). Can't find blockage in any pipe, or in intercooler. He changed the turbo, but still doing the same. Mechanic is scratching his head. Any ideas what else we can check?
Lesley49

All I can think of is severe ring blowby turbo not capiable of pressurising crank case. Have a good look at PCV.

Docfixit