PROBLEM WITH THE TRANSMISSION

2004 Peugeot 307

2004 Peugeot 307 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 60.000 miles

Problem with the transmission

I wander if you gays can help me !

I have the Peugeot 307 automatic 80KW, the symptoms that this automatic transmission have is that every 6000-8000km needs an oil change ! If you not do that the automatic gear computer gives an error and in the display you see ** Automatic transmission gear fault**. Then you have only the 3gear to drive until you make a reset ! When I make an oil change, the oil cams out a little brown but it seems to me that it is not new but still useful ! I notice that after 8000km the automatic transmission sleeps at the morning and then came the error code ! But if I change the oil everything is ok ! If the oil was chip it is for me no problem but 2 liters cost 25 euro. I ve been to the Peugeot and the tell me to change some valves but for me it not seems that this is a problem of the valves, if it where so the transmission would make other serious problems ! Peugeot in france say it is sealed for life J ! I am waiting for you technical answer ! PS the transmission oil is ESSO 4HP20
Matheos Georgatzis

You need to have the transmission rebuilt or replaced. The clutches are burnt and the valves are leaking down as the fluid is getting burnt also.

Dave H