P2770 DTC TCC SOLENOID VALVE A HIGH OUTPUT

2004 Honda Civic • 1.7L 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 130,000 miles

The car isn't actually mine, I'm working on it for a buddy of mine. He said it started feeling like the parking break was on all the time like the car was dragging. I plugged in my OBD II scanner and got a P2770 code for the TC which made some sense as to the lagging feeling when trying to accelerate. I found a previous post here:

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2005-honda-civic-ex-d17a2-engine-problem-d-on-drive-blinking-check-engine-light

It is for a 2005 Civic but I assume the majority of the troubleshooting should be the same. That being said, I'm having some trouble locating the proper plug schematics for 2004. I found some for 2001 or 2003 and they are slightly different. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Cheers!
Nbuckmas

Have a trans guy check this as it may be a bad torque converter with the clutch staying on or the o'd clutch is shot. Also check wires leading into trans may be broken

That's the problem, I would like to do some troubleshooting before paying someone else to do it. The link I attached above had instructions for a 2005 with the same problem, I would just like to make sure it is the same process (i.E. Same pins to check) and get an idea of how the pins are numbered. Will the numbers be on the face of the plug?

Nbuckmas
Well actually the numbers should be on the plug, maybe on the switch. For a 2004 which you say the car is a 2005 but list it as an 04 this is for an 04 which shows the tcc solenoid there are only two wires leading toit. Measure resistance between 1&2 shold be 12=25 ohms. Then check resistance between #1 and ground if no contiuity repair wire for open the rest of the tests youneed the scanner hooked up so it can read voltage. If you dont' have a pro style you can't do this.

Could I potentially use a multi-meter to read voltages as well or is there an access issue?

Nbuckmas
You could usea multimeter if you cold lay under the hood while someone is driving down the road. Not to safe whereas a scanner would read it without doing that.