P1443

1996 Ford Ranger • 285,000 miles

What are all possible causes of the code p1443 evap canister purge low/no flow and what are the most common ones the purge valve was replaced a couple of years ago and one of the hoses just the other day what all testing can be done to check all possibilities
Bmxwayne

Get a smoke test done on the system that will tell you whats wrong. Check to make sure your gas cap has at least 3 clicks after a fillup

I was wanting to know what all I can do my self to diagnose the problem and not take it to a shop

Bmxwayne
It has to have a smoke test to see where it 's blocked unles syou wan tto try spending money on a evap canister purge valve and seeif it fixes it but you'llneed a scanner to erase the code.

How can I do a smoke test on my own I am trying to save money by not going to a shop because I am on a very tight budget

Bmxwayne
You can't it's specialized equiptment. It is nt' smoke anyhow.