P1404/P0405 EGR PINTLE STUCK IN OPEN POSITION

1999 Chevrolet Blazer • 4.3L 6 cylinder 4WD Automatic • 111,332 miles

Need some help, bought a 99 blazer engine light came on as I was driving to get it inspected. Had the codes checked showed they were p1404/p0405. Did some of my own tests took egr valve off and started the vehicle ran awful and stallled so no carbon blockage of intake plennum. Took it to a chevy dealer they had to call GM directly because they couldnt figure out why the brand new OEM replacement EGR was throwing a code. The GM tech on the phone told them to install a GM EGR and run tests, maybe it would fix the issue. I didnt have thr 600 they wanted to do that. Took it home and found that 6 inches upfrom the egr plug the wires were soldered together. But all the wires were solder to the same wire red/red blk/blk and so on. I checked for voltage one wire is 5v ( labeled as D in a diagram I looked at) thrn checked wire E which is suppose to be 12v constant from PCM. No voltage at all with Key on Engine off and the same with the vehicle running. How do I fix it to get my car inspected?
Sunnyx