HELP

Oldsmobile Other

If you could please assist me. I have a 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme international 2.8 V6 173 Vin W 2 door coupe

I have changed the ECM and the Prom chip which took time to locate from a GM dealer. I also changed the Vaccum line assembly TPS Idle air selinoid trans filter and fluid Timing Set Heads Air filter oil VSS Crank position sensor Map Plugs wires coil packs ignition control module Fuel pump fuel filter O2 sensor Cat Muffler Alt Battery Belt Air Compressor fan motor cooling fan motors and radiator all Fuses all Relays, checked the EGR reset the Tv cable.
I am now at the end of a long rebuild and have run into a situation where, while I am in park I can rev the engine and redline the Rpms, I can hold the Rpms at 2500 and up using the gas pedal and hold down the brake pedal and place the vehical into gear and immediantly it will drop to under 1500 Rpms and the Rpms will not rise above 1500 even with the pedal placed to the floor.

the belt tensioner jumps when you apply fuel and when you are driving and come to a stop the idle drops lower then 700 and when in park the idle is down to around 850 - 950 when in gear 745 - 795
I did a compression test and all cylinders are within tolerance at peak.
I am at a loss and do not know where to go from here.

Please help.
XXXRodeo