MODELS TROUBLE STARTING, LOSS OF POWER

1998 Oldsmobile Other

1998 Other Oldsmobile Models Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My car has been previously salvaged. It is an Intrigue. I just took it in to get a new belt, oil change and blinker fixed. Two days later I had to try starting it a few times. It would start and then die. This has happened about every other time I try to drive it. Sometimes it dies after I drive a few yards. Also twice it has lost power steering while driving it. If I try restarting it is usually fine. I have been reading and think it is either a transmission problem or something wrong with the theft system thinking that I am stealing the car and it shuts itself off. Also we just moved to the mountains and not sure if that would have anything to do with it. I would appreciate and information you could give me. I am scared everytime I drive it. Thanks so much!
Marde