MODELS HELP! '98 OLDS INTRIGUE HAS MUL

1998 Oldsmobile Other

1998 Other Oldsmobile Models 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My '98 oldsmobile intrigue is having two spark plug misfires. Yesterday it began shaking, then started making a noise, and lastly began to stink. The " service engine soon" light came on and was flashing. We hooked it up to a hand held code reader and it said " multiple misfires" which my owners manul said the flashing light ment. We changed the coils to spark plugs 1 and 4 (which we found were the two not firing). This still did not help the engine. We had to drive it thirty mintues home and I hope this has not hurt my engine but we still don't know what could be the problem! Help me I have run out of ideas and I want to try all my options before taking it to the dealership on Monday. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Nmhall