88 NO FUEL

1989 Oldsmobile Other

I have a 1989 oldsmobile 88 with 160 thousand and a 3.8 liter in it. The problem is first the alternator went out replaced it then the water pump then got a burnt wire smell in the cab and found out one of the fuel pump wire had a short so replaced the wire and the fuel pump now we have plenty of fuel pressure at the fuel rail but the injectors won't open tested the wires and im gettin power to them any ideas of what I could be?
Psykodevul

Is it cranking but not starting? As long as you have good spark, and good fuel pressure at the rail measured by a gauge, the next step is to check the injectors. Ohm them out and you should have 12 ohms on each. I guess yo will need a noid light to see if the ECM is telling the injectors to open also.

Greekguy7
I checked the ohms and I got 14.9 at the injectors and what is a nod light?

Psykodevul
Spec is 12.1 and they usually fail on the low side. Perhaps they were warm when you tested them or your meter is not zero'd out.

You ohm out all 6 of them?
You sure you got spark?
You measure fuel pressure with a gauge?

Greekguy7
The pressure is good at 43p.S.I good spark but injectors wont open. I tested one of my other cars and it has power to both sides but I still can't figure it out the fuse is good and the relay has been changed.

Psykodevul