88 DELTA ROYALE STARTS WHEN IT WAN

1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88

1988 Oldsmobile Delta 88 6 cyl

I saw this question answered, and it sounds similar to my problem, but I don't know.
My car starts when it wants to could be minutes, hours days or weeks. We have checked alot of things on this and have replaced alot on it. Runs like a champ when it is working. But, right before it dies out, by the fuel filter, there are small fuel drippings. A few people have told me that this may be just an overflow release, like with a radiator. Also, the canister that, I guess reads fuel pressure goes off more often. When the car does run, it has died out in the middle of driving. I am stumped! I thought, maybe the fuel pump, but I don't really think that it is, because of how unpredicatable the start and die is. I thought maybe electrical, but I don't know what I would look at specifically. It has fluid and all that and none of the lines seem loose or broken. It does have a new fuel filter, as well. Help!

Question: 1990 Oldsmobile 88 mileage: 139,000 original. Please help, I have a VERY intermittent (over 2 years) no, start problem. Some things I have done, checked & CHANGED have been: crankshaft sensor, spark plugs & plug wires, new battery and ECM. WHEN it does not start, I have good fuel pressure (gauge connected) injector harness checked (Noid tester) and checked for spark at all cylinders. Runs fine for months on end then next day no start. Tries to fire but kicks, bucks & backfires. Leave it for a few days starts like a new car. Note the low original miles. Any ideas?
Answer: You have done a very thorough job of trouble-shooting your dilemma. We had a roundtable discussion of your problem and concluded that a defective ignition module that occasionally misfires is the guilty component.

Lisa_Rose