FUSE BOX

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

i am looking for another fuse box on the car besides the one in the glove box
Squeeks49

Which model cutlass do you have I looked up the ciera and it only has one fuse box.

The info I looked at was for olds cutlass ciera, there is only one fuse box. Sometimes there are inline fuses, not in the fuse box? What's the problem?

Internetmechanic
Its and oldsmobile cutless ciera supreme 1995 its a station wagon I am looking for possible blown fuses witch would have resulted in hooking batter up back wards

Squeeks49
Its and oldsmobile cutless ciera supreme 1995 its a station wagon I am looking for possible blown fuses which would have resulted in hooking battery up backwards

Squeeks49
Can you communicate with computer? When you first turn the key on, no crank, does the mil come on? Can you check for trouble codes? I'm just looking to see if the computer will do anything? If you have the 12 pin data link connector, you should be able to check for mil codes. You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals of data link connector, turn the key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_cutlass_ciera_datalink_connector_1.jpg

Internetmechanic
What codes am I looking for how many blinks before I find out what the problem is? If the computer is responding how good of sign is that? The car turns over but wont fire could there be a different problem?

Squeeks49
I'm not looking for a code, trying to see if computer is awake? If no response from computer, I'd check voltage and ground circuits at the computer.

Another way to see if computer is awake, is to check for ref voltage at one of the engine sensors that use a ref voltage, like the tps, whatever sensor that is easy to get at, will work, if it uses a ref voltage. The ref voltage comes from computer. The ref voltage usually goes hot when you turn on the key.

You can check primary voltage at the coil pack, if you want to go that way? Usually goes hot when you turn on the key, you don't have to crank.

Internetmechanic
Ok so you are tell me that there is only one fuse box in that vehical nothing under the hood I need to get to the computer and start checking for power. If I check the coil pack for power what color wire would I check? I have checked for power there last time and I couldnt find any but that doesnt mean I was checking right but if the computer is sleeping than what?

Squeeks49
At one end of ignition module is a single two wire connector. One wire is pink, the other is black. Pink wire is voltage, goes hot with the key on. The black wire is ground. Take the connector loose, use a testlite between pink and black terminals at the connector, key on. If the lite comes on, you have voltage and ground. If the lite doesn't come on, use chassis ground, metal part of engine instead of black wire, testlite still touching the pink wire terminal. If the lite comes on, you have a faulty ground, black wire circuit. If testlite still doesn't come on, no voltage, injector/ coil fuse, in fuse box, goes hot with the key on. You'd have to check for voltage at that fuse, with key on.

Internetmechanic
Ok I have power to the coil pack and the fuse panel inside the glove box what should I look for now it still wont fire

Squeeks49
Page 1 of 2