DIGITAL DASH AND AC

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass

1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

We have a 91 oldsmobile cutlass supreme 3.1.

Recently noticed intermittent dash lights failure. Entire dash goes completely dark for a second and then come right back on. Also, yesterday, while driving, the ac turned itself on. Any ideas?
Swilliamsaz

Ok are you having any other problems or weird thing happening? Do you have a digital multi meter to do some testing if needed? Get back to me and we will go from there. Thanks

Racefan966
Thanks for the reply, no other wierd things are happening thus far. And, yes have a digital volt meter tester.

Shannon

Swilliamsaz
OK from the wiring diagram what I can see is that the yellow and the gray wire are where the power comes from to light the instrument cluster so you need to see if you can find any breaks in those wires so what you do it turn on the lights park lights will do and wiggle the wire to see if the lights go out or not. If not then I would say it looks like the head light switch is your problem. Let me know what you find. Also one other questions do you have a seperate switch to dim the dash lights?

Racefan966