TROUBLE STARTING AND OCASIONAL STALLI

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera

1992 Oldsmobile Ciera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

my cutlass ciera wont start. I have a new battery and my alternator is about a year and a half old. I have to spray starting fluid into it to get it to start. I have a new air filter in it and my sparkers spark. It at one point wouldnt idle but I put some injector cleaner in and it idled now. But it still has major starting problems. I can sit there and roll the engine over for a minute straight but I get no ignition. Sometimes when I am idleing it and I put it into reverse it stalls my car, or when I put it into drive it stalls it so usually I keep my revs high when shifting. But if it stalls I have to get another person to spray the fluid in and I have to start the car and feather the throttle. What could all this be?
Ianburgler