DISTRIBUTOR

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada

2000 Oldsmobile Bravada 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

i replaced the intake manifold gasket put everything back but I think the distributor moved and I didnt mark anything to realign distributor. Now the car cranks but will not start. Do I need to turn the crankshaft.
Michael tieman

Hi: If the distributor moved, the ignition timing is out. It's not real easy to correct, but I will try to explain it to you. First, you need to identify TDC on the crankshaft harmonic balancer, and you need to align it with the timing mark on the timing chain cover. Next, identify where the #1 spark plug wire is on the distributor cap, and remember where it is located. Now remove the cap. Under the cap is a rotor with a metal connector that spins to each of the plug wires allowing spark to be sent to the cylenders at specific times. Now remember where the #1 plug wire was located. Is the rotor pointing at the #1 spark plug wire? If not, you'll need to remove the distributor, turn the rotor toward the #plug wire, and replace the rotor. After it's replaced, you will need to get accurate timing with a light.

Let me know if this helps.

JOe