CHECK ENGINE / LOW ENGINE COOLANT LI

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

1. Got a check engine light illuminated and I hooked up a scanner and received code P0410 - secondary air injection system malfunction. From all of my online research, I likely need a air pump, fuse, check valves and or hoses replacement. Would you agree with this? If so, about how much would these type of repairs cost through a GM dealer? Is this a do it yourself kind of job.

2. Low engine coolant light comes on intermittantly, but always goes out. Checked the coolant and it seems to be ok. My research indicates this could be a bad sensor. The sensor is located at the bottom of the reservoir tank. Can this sensor be replace or do the hold tank need to be replaced? If so is this a do it yourself job? What do you think this job would cost via a GM dealer?
Dkayej1965

As far as the air injection system, you sound like you are going in the right direction. Yes, you could check and repair it yourself.

The coolant light is most likely a bad sensor at the bottom of the resivour. The sensor is replaceable and you don't need to replace the entire resivour.