TROUBLESHOOTING.

1993 Oldsmobile Achieva

1993 Oldsmobile Achieva 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 191000 miles

After replacement of a head cylinder (GMC#24573087 on GMC#24574468) the engine began to work badly. The first and third cylinders do not function. I determine it by a scale on spark plugs. But the spark in the first and third cylinders is OK.
AlexBeloz

Are these two different cylender heads? Did you change from the OEM? If you have spark and fuel, how much compression do you have in these cylenders?

The reason was in a cover with high-voltage wires. After cover replacement all four cylinders of the engine work. Now other lack. When you go on the car, by sharp pressing a pedal of a brake the engine stops. By smooth pressing a pedal of a brake the engine does not stop. The raised expense of gasoline.

AlexBeloz
Are you refering to a distibutor cap? Also, as far as hitting the brakes fast and causing a problem with the engine, make sure the brake booster or the vacuum line to it doesn't have a leak.

I have checked up the booster of brakes and a vacuum line. All is normal. It can be wrong the clutch coupling of the engine with wheels works? If it so, what to do? I remind that my car has an automatic transaxle.

AlexBeloz
If the engine dies when you hit the brakes fast, I question if the torque converter is unlocking from the engine. When it dies, does it feel as if the engine is still pulling the car and you are forcing it to die with the brakes?

All occurs how you have described.

AlexBeloz
It sounds to me like the torque converter may be bad. If it doesn't unlock, it's like leaving the clutch out on a manual transmission and forcing it to stop. You will need to see a trans mechanic.

Just for the heck of it, has the check engine light come on?

Check engine light no come.

AlexBeloz
What probability that the torque converter is faulty?

AlexBeloz