NISSAN TRUCK SPARK PROBLEM

1995 Nissan Truck

1995 Nissan Truck 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 140000 miles

my tr uck will not crank over at all I have checked the battery and it is good.I have also check the master cylender for my clutch and it is fine but it still will not crank over about a week ago my speedometer quit working
Boothe63

Pick your symptom: Did you have a check engine light come on or has flashed prior to this problem and when was your last tune-up?

Cranks but no start condition: Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Compression: If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

No crank at all/nothing/nada: Could be the starter, starter relay, clutch switch/park and neutral switch and ignition switch assuming the battery and connections are good.