FUEL PROBLEM

1994 Nissan Truck

1994 Nissan Truck 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 130, 00 miles

when its cold it will start up and idle perfect for a few minutes then it gets warm and sputters and quits running. From there it needs to cool off before it will start again. We just changed engines and this is the problem we are having. We have changed injectors, throttle body, fuel regulator, spark plugs, plug wires, cleared return line to gas tankchanged fule filter.I am thinking it maybe getting to much gas, but thats just my thought. Really need help on this one.
Tony1960

Hi tony1960, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump it will show up as sore thumb before it'll stall if okay

Further check and test the power transistor, resistor/condenser, ignition coil, and camshaft position sensor in the distributor

Might want to do below next time it stalls out don't wait, to catch it if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it