TIMING CHAIN OIL LEAK

Nissan Sentra

1994 nissan sentra, eng, 4 door. 175,000 miles. I have been running my car on little gas, $ here and there to get back and forth.
I took a hard left turn the other day and it instantly started sputtering and losing power. I pulled over and shut it off and now it won't start.
I have noticed a whining noise lately,
Also I do have a oil leak from the timing chain cover, I have plenty of oil in it.I check it all the time.
It was running fine until I took the hard left turn, just got gasoline the day before.
It turns over with alot of power, just won't fire.
Been told, fuel pump, timing chain finally went, or fuel filter. It has run fine until today. It is driven daily.
Any help would be great Virginia
VirginiaRose

Turn key to On-do you hear the fuel pump for a few secs? For a start change fuel filter its near the brake master cyl. You will see the filter near the firewall. Be careful here-remove the filter turn key On-do you see fuel coming out-if so check the fuel pressure with a pressure gauge.

GA16DE is a good running engine-I've been in this engine in and out I don't think! Its the timing chain.