MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR????

2001 Nissan Sentra

2001 Nissan Sentra Engine Size unknown Wheel Drive Type unknown Manual 94622 miles

My check engine light comes on sporatically. The code that comes up is lean bank system one. I had the o2 sensor replaced about 15 months ago. By a friends mechanic at that time he told me that the mass air flow sensor was dirty but not shot, so he just cleaned it. The car dies while being driven mainly while attempting to make a turn. While idling it will also occassionally die unless I keep tapping the gas peddle. Just recently I took my car to a mechanic that I used to use and he did some kind of test where he smoked the engine? And said that all the vacuems where good and the only thing he could think of was the MAF sensor. (This mechanic has burned me in the past by doing the trial and error replacement of air conditioning parts, which is still not repaired) could this be the MAF sensor or is he just trying to rip me off again? I know the car is a 1.8 L and I believe it is a 4 cyclinder?
Layddevious

I had the same problem and I took it to the dealer and they replaced it and other emisson problems for free. It covers up to 150,000 miles

Joezepe82