AIR BAG RESET

1996 Nissan Sentra

Computer problem
1996 Nissan Sentra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109500 miles

Just bought this as a run around for $1500 knowing I would have to spend some money to make it roadworthy.
It failed state inspection on a flashing air bag warning light.
Nissan dealer says it will cost over $700 for the new sensor plus labor.
My wife says I should go to MyAirBags. Com and pay $50.
I don't know what I get for $50 and I am not at all mechanical so I doubt that I could reset this thing myself.
Is it legal to use whatever MyAirBags. Com supplies?
Should I play it safe and go with the dealer?
Jrawle

You dont have to go to the dealer, but I would use a shop for this repair. Depending on the code in the system, it may not be the air bag itself, but a impact sensor or other item. Regardless, when the repair is complete you will have to clear the computer (SRS System) with a scan tool, it wont reset by itself

Jack42
First of all I hope I am not breaking any rules but this is a remedy to the situation if it does it again then there is a problem. Here it is I found it by googling it: Open driver door
Get in
Shut door
Turn ignition to the on position The one that will go all the way, but not to start car)
Open door
Reach down with your right hand if your a rightty
Press the door ajar sensor button thing (7) times
Shut door
Start your car.

Takes practice to nail it right though. Any problems, just ask me.

Chaosmaster1