PROBLEMS CHANGING GEAR AFTER ABOUT 20 M

1998 Nissan Primera

1998 Nissan Primera Two Wheel Drive Manual 87000 miles

I have just had my clutch and clutch cable replaced on My Nissan Primera SX 1.6.

The clutch cable appears to have been fitted properly (as it is very tight) and the new clutch has been fitted as well (well I assume it has been fitted properly)

What the problem is, is that after a while, say after about 10 or 20 minutes or so of driving, it becomes increasingly difficult to change gear. I press the clutch pedal all the way down but I have to fight to get the gear stick into gear. This sort of happens with all gears, but it is 1st, 2nd and 3rd in particular.

Also when I am at the lights, I have the clutch pressed all the way to the floor, but the car shakes as if it is on 'the bite' if you will and when I take my foot off the brake, the car will go forward. It is a guess that the clutch is not disengaging properly after it has warmed up. But this is only a guess.

Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how do I go on about fixing it?

I would be extremely grateful for any replies

Thanks in advance
Keith161377