BRAKES ARE NOT BINDING

1998 Nissan Primera

Brakes problem
1998 Nissan Primera 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

Hi

I recently bought a car but noticed the brakes were not that good (Fealt like they were loosing grip on the disc at low speeds).

I have since replaced the pads and disc and bled the brakes but the problem is still there.

It feals like the pads loose their grip and a harsh noise is heard (This only happens at low speeds/coming to a stop). I have checked my installation of the pads and discs and they are correct but they don't seem to be wearing in and the disc is still completely shiny were it should have started to shadow from the use.

I have done approx 1300 miles since the original change so they should have been run in by now.

I don't have much money so am unable to take it to the pros to sort out so if you know what the problem is I would appreciate your reply.

Craig
CraigA

Did you happen to clean the oil (shipping oil to keep the rotors from rusting) on the rotors prior to install?
Does the brake pedal feel spongy or mushy?

Zackman