SHOCK ABSORBER OR SOMETHING ELSE

Nissan Pathfinder

I get rear end sway when I am going around an exit ramp or an on ramp. Also there doesnt seem to laot of bouncing when I hit a bump but there is alot of vibration when I am driving down the road. It actually shakes the hood. And I feel it in the steering wheel. Is this shock absorber problem or something else. I was going to change them myself but dont' want to spend the money if I dont need too. I have a 95 nissan pathfinder with 208000 miles on it, xe-v6, four wheel drive. I have had new tires mounted and balanced put on the truck very recently.
Mikeromeo1968

Well, first off I'd honestly recomend changing your struts, shocks, and springs if you havent done that since you've had the vehicle.

Second, I'd check your camber. Also, double check your suspension is correctly torqued down and look for worn bushings and obviously, broken suspension components.

KaMo
I did some more checking with the of the shelf repair manual in the troubleshooting section and it looks like I need to put new shocks on it. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I guess I have a project for next weekend.

Mikeromeo1968
So now that I am going to put new ones on what shoudl I be looking for. What kind, what brand, what should I keep in mind while shopping.
Nissan pathfinder, SE-V6, 208000miles, thanks again KaMo

Mikeromeo1968