EMISSIONS PROBLEM

Nissan Pathfinder

I have a 6 cylinder 96 pathfinder SE with about 128000 miles. First off there are no check engine lights or codes from my truck. When the OBD is plugged in for inspection the EGR, o2 sensors and cat converter is showing a not ready reading. I brought it to my local dealer they told me to replace those three items the OBD and the brain also. Than in the same breath told me that might not fix the problem, so I should buy a new truck and not spend all that money on an 06? Ridiculous!
I just picked up a used brain from an auto parts bone yard(for $125) had it installed and drove my truck for about 140 miles. It is still saying not ready when plugged in. My truck is in excellent shape and I don't have any other issues with it.I dont want to sell it, I would really like to just get it fixed.
I also brought it to one of those garages that are on the list for failed inspection repair. He was very helpful and honest. He brought it for one of those make and model specific rides where from a cold start he goes through all the different times od on, od off A/c on and off for set amount of miles. He did this test three times and still can't get it to say pass or fail. Any ideas on what I can do to get my Pathfinder running legally? I just need one of these things to say pass and I can get a sticker!
Maddog 3412