CLUTCH PROBLEM?

Nissan Pathfinder

My car is a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder (4 door, 4WD) with a V6 (3.0 liter, I think), and just over 211,000 miles.

The problem is real simple to explain: Every now and then (but becoming more and more common), I grind in 3rd gear. Today, when I started the car it worked fine up until I got off the highway (after an hour and half of driving). After that, 5 out of 6 times third would grind when I shifted on the way back home. Oh, and almost everytime I shift into reverse it and start backing down my sloped drive way it will make a grinding noise. But when I stop the car (and let the engine slow down) I can shift it to reverse just fine.

Do I need a new clutch or a simple adjustment? If I need a new clutch what sort of price am I looking at?

-M
Montiallo