WILL NOT START AFTER REPAIR

1991 Nissan Pathfinder

Son (studying for ASE cert at college, and working in the field now) and I (former mech) are working on my 1991 Pathy with the 3.0 engine / auto transmission with 147,000 miles. We just changed the timing belt, after I lost it going 55. No, there was NO noise, mech of otherwise, and it happened so smoothly at first I thought it was an electrical failing. After we changed the belt, and got everything set to tdc, and hand cranked it over 20-30 times listening carefully, we buttoned it up. Then we cranked it over to start it and nothing. We checked spark, OK, smelled fuel, OK, and all it seems to be doing is cranking over, smoothly, but no firing. ? Any further suggestions. We checked in manual, alldata, and double, triple and quadruple checked everything and still nothing? Getting alittle frustrated here. Had another mech come by and when he saw the spark plugs, he said it was one of the cleanest running engines he'd seen. The maint has been kept up on this, except for the Timing Belt incident.
Mshkolahnee

BTDT before, okay switch no.1 wire tower to no.4 and follow the F/O and its direction-would it combust?

You sure its not on the exhaust stroke, before you put everything back.

Did you put engine on TDC compression stroke before you tear it open?

You got spark/fuel-my guess you're missing the valve and ignition timing its always like that for no start on Nismo, especially the KA-24 pick-up if oil pump is not align with the distributor shaft it will be off 180 out.