MY BATTERY AND BRAKE LIGHT BLINKS ON AND OFF AT SAME TIME

Nissan Other

I have an Infiniti I30 -1998 and as I was driving my brake and battery light has been coming on and off for a few seconds at a time. It doesn't stay on long but it comes on like every 4 miles or so. I just had my alternator replaced last year so I doubt (hope) that is not the problem. Could I just need a new battery or could it be worse than that?
Peabody95

Please note I know nothing about electrical stuff.

Hmm. You might have worn wires that are rubbing against each other kinda making them 'short out'. (Please DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE TERMINAL to your battery if you crawl around looking for worn wires)

You could probably take it to a small mechanic and they will look at it for free. If they charge the fee is small. About 20$. Or you could buy the Haynes or Chilton book on your car if you think you might do more mechanic work to you car. BUT I don't really know if they would have detailed troubleshooting for electrical stuff. The Haynes is the better of the two in case you are interested.

Good luck. It might be nothing. If the car isn't overheating or otherwise acting strange I would just watch it close but keep driving like normal.

?

JCroW