CANT OPEN PASSENGER DOOR

Nissan Other

Same 1987 NISSAN PULSAR NX SE. 110, 00 miles. The passenger door will not open. Not with the inside or outside handle. Any clue to what it might be or how to get the door open? I'm going to remove the driver door panel and look around to become familiar with the works. I have no clue how to get that passenger door open. Anyone?

Thanks,
Mark
Bamasurp

Hi there,

Not a bad idea that. If you have the trim off the other door, you will be able to locate the lock mechanism and experiment on ways to trip it. On the faulty door, you may be able to remove the belt moulding. (Weather strip on out side) to gain better access to lock. I would think that the door trim sits to low to remove in place, check where the trim panel is on the other door and you may be able to unhook trim if you remove the front seat.

Mhpautos
I tried to remove the door panel of the locked door to no avail. I checked the functioning door and there is a screw that can only be removed when the door is open.
Looking down the window glass slit I see about a 2 inch slot over the lock that appears free of blockage. I'll carefully try the functioning door with the door panel off to see what can be done. I was hoping someone encountered a similar problem and had a remedy. I'm sure a body shop and some bucks could get it done but I'm hoping for a fix in my driveway. Any suggestions welcome!

Mark

Bamasurp
The latch assembly is very simple. After I took the driver door apart to become familiar with the workings I went and tried the passenger door again to make sure the gasket was not stuck. I braced my self for a good hard pull and it flew open nearly throwing me into a fence (Pulled way too hard). Door open without expense, lessons learned, in all a good day : ). Thanks for assistance. Now to tackle fuel system issue.

Mark

Bamasurp