MODELS PARK LIGHTS

1994 Nissan Other

1994 Other Nissan Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I am having some problems with the Park lights for my car. When I put the park light switch on the lights don't come on. I have no lights at all not even on my dashboard. But whenever I engage the Brakes all the my lights come on, thats is the park lights along with the lights on my Dashboard. What could be the problem?
NEED help urgently.
Nolynx23

In order to search the wiring diagrams, I need to know the model of your Nismo, the engine size, and the body configuration (coupe, sedan, wagon).

Zackman
Yes I have a 1994 Nissan Pulsar N14 hatchback. It has a 1500 cc engine

Nolynx23

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_94sentratail1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/55316_94sentratail2_1.jpg

I only have access to US models, but it should be almost identical. This diagram is off 94 Nissan Sentra B13 (also for NX hatchback) with GA16DE, the closest cousin to your Pulsar N14. The only thing in common of the tail light and brake light is the dual-filament tail/stop light bulbs. I believe one filament of either bulbs has burned out, causing the electrical current interference. I would check both bulbs, just to make sure.

Zackman
Thanks for the help man. I will check it out today and I will let you know if anything.

Thanks once again.

Nolynx23
I check out the light bulbs and I realise that one of the bulbs was not a double filament but a single filament. So thanks for helping me out there. Now I have another question. Now that I got that problem with the lights sorted, I have no lights on the dashboard and the park lights don't come on at all now when I flick the switch. I checked out the fuse but they are just fine. Also my left headlight doesn't come on when I dim my lights but when I put it bright they come on.

Greatful if you could help
Thanks in advance.

Nolynx23
OK. You have 2 issues: 1. Dash and park lights don't come on.
2. Left side low beam doesn't come on.

Let's tackle the easier one. Swap your headlights around, left and right. If the left side headlight still off (with the bulb from the right side), then you need to trace where the short is coming from. If the right side headlight is off (with the bulb from the left), you have a burned out bulb.

Dash and park light. This may be one of these scenarios.

1. Dual-filament bulb is installed incorrectly (backward). - Check the position of the bulb's prong. One prong is lower than the other. Make sure that it is inserted correctly into the socket.
2. Faulty wiring.
3. Bad switch.

For 2 & 3, you will need a voltmeter to check the power continuity from the fuse box all the way to the bulbs. I can get you the good copies of the wiring diagram. But you need to send me your email address. You may click the email box next to my name, with the same title of this thread.

Zackman
My email Address so you could send me the good copies of the wiring diagram is nolynx23@gmail. Com

Nolynx23
Hey there did you manage to fix this problem? As I have the EXACT same problem. : (

Dee124