REAR LEFT TURN SIGINAL WON'T WORK

2006 Nissan Murano

2006 Nissan Murano 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

teh light works when using the remote to unlock door but no break light or turn siginal
how can I fix it?
thanks
Batherton

Hi batherton,

Thank you for the donation.

Are the lights not working only on one side of vehcle?

For the brake lights, did you check the brake Fuse # 20 ( 10 A ) in underdash fuse block?

Does the hazard lights works?

I am having the same problem on the right side.
The light does work when I first start the car, or hit the key fob, but doesn't work when I break or turn signal is applied. Only the back right.
I will check the fuse and hazards tonight.
Batherton, did you fix yours?

EP24
EP24, also check the main ground for the right rear lights. Unfortunately, our online reference isn't letting me see schematics, so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but it'll be behind that side of the seat, near the 'B' pillar base.

Rivermikerat
Update, hazard flashers do work.
Any other ideas?

EP24
Ok, just to verify here EP24: The right rear brake/turn signal doesn't work when the brake pedal is depressed, or the turn signal switch is activated, after the car has been running for some time frame.
However it does work with the hazards or when locking/unlocking with the remote fob.

Is all this correct?

Rivermikerat
Yes you are correct.
Also checked all the fuses under driver dash and didn't find any blow.

EP24
Ok. When the problem occurs, check for power at the brake pedal switch, on both sides, with the pedal up and with it depressed.

Rivermikerat
After further investigation, the blinker/brake lights seem to work for 1 flash only, and then after it goes dead. If I shut the car off and then back on the brake/flash/hazards will only work for the 1st flash and then stops working. This only happens on the back right hand side.
Any ideas?

EP24
You need to trace the wires and figure out where the power to the bulbs stops.

Rivermikerat
But the fact that the lights work for even the first few seconds means they are getting power, right?

EP24